Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Wednesday Bits and Pieces

Post by William

Mike's been hitting the UGA situation really hard this week, doing a great job. He's put up a new poll on the right side. Please let us know what you think on that.

I thought I'd share a few things I came across.

#1 Set the DVR for tonight. Lots to record....

5:00 ESPNU  Boys of Fall. Always a good one to have

8:00 ESPNU  Documentary on Herschel. Still looks like he could start in Athens

8:00 CBS Sports Network    Tony Barnhart Show      Mr College Football shares his thoughts

#2  Got home yesterday and turned on tv. Mediacom is now offering the NFL Network-186 on Digital Plus & 766 in HD- and the Red Zone Channel- 187 on Digital Plus and 767 in HD. I have never seen it but the Red Zone channel is supposedly incredible. It shows every game each time a team gets inside the 20 yard line. All fired up for that on Sunday.Maybe all my complaining got us this too!!

#3 This is straight from the horse's mouth. Something we've all known for a long time.

http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/2011/oregons-chip-kelly-inferior-sec/

#4  I hate 8pm games. Saturday was so long I got in the yard and did some work to make the time go by faster. Got poison ivy. That's what I get for trying to be productive on Gameday. Never again.

#5  We'll have our picks for the NFL Season coming up tomorrow. In case you missed it, the NFL Season starts tomorrow night with the Saints at the Packers, 8:25 on NBC after Obama speaks. The full schedule starts on Sunday, the 10th anniversary of 9/11. The New York Giants play at the Washington Redskins at 4:15 on Fox and the Dallas Cowboys play at the New York Jets at 8:25 on NBC. I'm sure the NFL will observe the day with the proper respect.

#6  I'm going to keep a running total of my weekly picks for the year at the top right. 8-3 vs spread the first week. Only good thing from the weekend.

#7  I fixed this for the game last Saturday. Texas Clod.... really good. I fixed an 8lb one. I'd back off both of the peppers for the rub.

http://bbqu.net/season4/402_4.html#texas_clod

Scroll down on the link below to the beans. Really good.

http://bbqu.net/season3/305_4.html#smoklahoma

Have a great Hump Day

No comments:

Post a Comment