Posted by Mike
Let's do a quick comparison of the 2010 Stanford team to Georgia's. I know it is dangerous to compare or covet another program, but how can we help it? So here goes:
- Stanford is mentally and physically tough and plays gritty football. Their coach has a look in his eye like he wants to suit up and their fullback/linebacker plays both ways.
- Georgia's running backs and receivers cramp up even when they are substituted constantly, and CMR is ready for a vacation.
- Stanford has over 300 offensive plays and calls them with a purpose. It did not appear to me that Harbaugh was scripting the game, but rather making moves like in a game of Chess. One play led to a reaction from Bud Foster. Then the next move was already calculated. It also appeared to me that he rarely recycled a play, except the off tackle run to the left.
- Not sure UGA has 300 plays and Bobo's only clearly definable strategy appears to be, “When in doubt, run a bubble screen.”
- Stanford played with a much more athletic team and fought hard between the tackles.
- Oh yeah, UGA lost to a directional school and kicked a field goal from the two when it was fourth and inches, ON THE FIRST DRIVE OF THE GAME.
The closer you look, the worse it gets.