Thursday, April 19, 2012

Was it all worth what they gave up?

Post by William

So 51 weeks ago today, the Falcons went all in on Julio Jones. They traded up 21 spots to #6 to take Julio after the Bengals supposedly "wanted too much" for AJ Green at #4. Falcons gave Cleveland 2011 and 2012 first round, 2011 2nd round and 2011 and 2012 4th round picks.At the time, I thought it was a fantastic deal. Falcons had just been run out of the Georgia Dome by the Packers after being the #1 seed in the NFC. See link below.

Last year's post

I can understand the thinking. NFL is now a passing league. You have to score. Give Matt Ryan another huge weapon. Outscore the Saints and Packers. Even with Julio, Falcons scored 2 points in the Wildcard game.

Now I look at Falcons and I'm not so sure. Wouldn't a first round pick be really nice this year to shore up a woeful defense? There is no enthusiasm w/o that pick. Thomas Dimitroff now has to have a perfect draft. Falcons need starters with 2nd and 3rd round picks.

You know me. I'm usually Mr Happy. Kevin Bacon in Animal House...... "All is well".  Now I'm not so sure.

Please vote on the poll to the right. Thanks for playing along.

No comments:

Post a Comment