Post By Mike
Ok... it is time for Nate McClouth to go.
For the last two seasons the Braves have been trying to revive the man's career, and how have those efforts worked out?
- In the last two games against Pittsburgh McClouth has come to the plate twice with the bases loaded and one out. He has 0 RBI to show for it.
- On Monday night he made a throwing error which allowed a runner to advance to second and ultimately score, and he missed another ball and then strolled back to retrieve it while runners were advancing.
- On Tuesday night he missed a bunt in that bases loaded at bat before popping out. Had he gotten the bunt down, the Braves could have won 4-3 in regulation.
- McClouth then was the first batter in the bottom of the ninth. After striking out on a pitch in the dirt, he got tossed out of the game for arguing with the umpire. Freddie Gonzalez then got the hook, and the Braves were forced to stretch their already thin bench.
* Jordan Schafer was forced into action with a broken finger.
* Alex Gonzalez was forced to play ten innings on a night he was supposed to have off.
* Our bullpen was stressed to the max.
- And the big one - in the 10th - an inning the Braves should not have been playing - McCann strains an oblique and is forced on the 15 day DL.
Last winter Georgia Tech had to take their medicine and cut a big check to fire Paul Hewitt. The Braves need to do the same. Time to trade for Upton and release McClouth.